Thursday 6 March 2008

Character Ideas



I got inspiration off drawings on the internet and cartoons such as Grumpy and Donald. I Like Hitchcock's face it looks super grumpy and his face shape is right. I have this image in my head of the old typical looking grump. I suppose that would come from Scrooge.






I want to add sound into my animation but only through small things like burping, slight movement like scratching head, slurping out of a glass. I would like there to be a song in the background such as Ackerbilk - Stranger on the shore. This was my Dad's favourite song and the more I animate this character he reminds me more and more of him maybe sub-consciously that is who I am basing him on, this is what I have created in Illustrator:



I've discovered a great website for sound http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/


This site was where I got my clock tic sound and rain and slurp, in fact all of my sounds. It's a great website but you can't register with a hotmail account.

No comments: