Thursday 21 February 2008

Character Ideas


















Ok, work has been a major pain. They have decided to have the busiest winter I have ever experienced in my time there which is great for the most important year!!. Oh well with all the set backs I am still staying focused. My aim is PMA Positive Mental Attitude. I shout that to myself everyday...very loudly so I hear it. Find that helps. So when I am not working I am at home eating peanut butter sandwiches and working on my character project. My friends will call and say are you coming out...before they finish the sentance I say NO NOT TILL JUNE!. Although I did venture to Mark Little Talent Contest a while ago and after my friends getting over the star struck thing (god knows why!) proceded to drink too much wine and heckled my way through the performances. Was quite good to see how performing arts students do their stuff.

Anyway how does that relate to character animation well as Micheal put it isn't Mark Little a character!!, that and all the other character's that performed. I actually got some inspiration from there. That being my character will daydream off into the moonlight thinking of himself playing the clarinet on stage.


I know what I want my character to look like. He will have a huge nose, grey hair, will wear, vest and shorts be very pasty white and a grumpy old sod. As he is going to be a pub landlord he will smoke and drink obviously. Although he is a grumpy old git he will be a sensitive soul too. Inspiration comes from these characters and especially Al Murray. Although mainly my experiences with landlords.





















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here