Thursday 8 November 2007

Update

It's been a while I know. I have been busy researching and finding ways I can make this idea work. I spoke with several engineers at Monarch and we chatted about the likelyhood of the new Nasa aircraft they suggested not and with future developments we have already seen the new Boeing 787 and Airbus 380 with engines that are taking more cost 20 percent more fuel efficient. As the States are trying to phase out oil as the prices have now gone up to $100 per barrel. This year alone we are using 80m barrels a day and they predict in 2030 we will need 116m barrels per day. Although some suggest that because the cost will be just too high we will find other ways instead of oil (Newsnight 8/11).

With Hydrogen fuel in high talks in the future it looks as though flying will be as accessible as ever. The idea of creating a new aircraft with faster engines and better for the environment appears already to have been done, I spoke to Captain Jason Newton at Monarch and he pointed me in the direction of the Blended Wing.



Another Engineer pointed out that because average commercial aircraft engines can only take 1200 degrees centigrade of heat from the engines, more and more they are wanting to use ceramics like Nasa use for their shuttles.

My idea seems to have taken a back seat as I was hoping I was the first to have thought of it! Although I must say I have enjoyed my journey so far. My tables are tured back to the interior of the plane.

No comments: